The Alzheimer Society of Ireland (ASI)
- The ASI have an excellent website (see link below).
- The ASI also have a national helpline on: 1 800 341 341
Other Online Resources
- Dementia Elevator is a research project based in DCU,they run free online courses. One of the courses is aimed specifically at providing coping skills to carers caring for a patient with dementia. (See link below).
- The Irish Hospice Foundation have produced a series of videos called 'Still Kathy'. These videos would be helpful for people in the early stages of dementia, family and carers of people with dementia and also healthcare professionals caring for people with dementia. (See link below)
- FreeDem is a website resource produced by Trinity College Dublin and has short films on dementia and brain health. (See link below).
- The Dementia Services Information and Development Centre (DSIDC) is based in St James' Hospital, Dublin. (See link to their website www.dementia.ie).
Patient Information Leaflets (PILs)
See downloads section below for our repository of Patient Information Leaflets for all stages of a patient's dementia journey.