A flagship part of the PREPARED project is the development and delivery of evidence-based evaluated and accredited dementia workshops which are run by GP facilitators based around Ireland to GPs and practice staff in their practices.
- Either run as two 1-hour or one 2-hour CPD accredited dementia workshops for GPs. These workshops will be delivered in your practice at a time that is convenient to you by a local GP facilitator who has an interest in dementia care.
- One workshop focuses on diagnosis and post diagnostic care, and another on the management of the behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia. The workshops are interactive and consist of case studies to stimulate discussion.
- During the first year of delivery (June 2016 - June 2017), 6 GP facilitators ran c. 55 workshops, reaching over 220 GPs. We are actively recruiting practices and GPs who wish to avail of this training in 2017 and 2018. If you are interested in scheduling workshops to be provided at your practice or want further details and information about the workshops, please contact the dementia PREPARED team at UCC.
- If you have an interest in dementia and in taking on a GP facilitator role for the PREPARED project in your area, we would also be very keen to hear from you.
- We are also interested in hearing from any Continuing Medical Education (CME) tutors who would be interested in using the materials at any local small group meetings (Cork City, Dungarvan and Waterford have already used the PREPARED dementia materials for sessions in 2016 and 2017)