A Focus on Non-cognitive Symptoms of Dementia: Promoting a Culture of Safety
On 21st September 2022, to coincide with World Alzheimer’s Day, the HSE National Dementia Office and National Safeguarding Office jointly hosted a webinar on non-cognitive symptoms of dementia. This webinar, entitled “A focus on non-cognitive symptoms of dementia: Promoting a culture of safety”, was targeted at staff within and outside the HSE, as well as people living with dementia and family carers of people living with dementia.
Please find video recordings from the webinar below:
- Welcome and introduction. Mr Matthew Gibb: Responsive behaviours and non-pharmacological approaches for non-cognitive symptoms of dementia.
- Mr Kevin Quaid: Lived experience of the person with dementia
- Prof Suzanne Timmons: Impact of inappropriate prescribing of psychotropic medication and National Clinical Guideline No. 21
- Ms Susan Crampton: Lived experience of a family carer of a person with dementia
- Moderated question and answer session and webinar close
Guidance document on non-pharmacological interventions for non-cognitive symptoms of dementia for healthcare and social care practitioners
National Clinical Guideline No. 21: