Below is a summary of training and educational resources along with further information on dementia training.
FURTHER EDUCATION AND RESOURCES
OTHER DEMENTIA EDUCATION AND RESOURCES
Dementia Elevator Project, DCU
- Dementia Elevator is an education and empowerment programme developed by DCU and the HSE (with the support of Atlantic Philanthropies) to help individuals, communities and health systems engage appropriately with people with dementia.
- Dementia Elevator aims to give people skills they need to support ageing in place for people with dementia, challenge the way society thinks about dementia, and provide opportunities for people with dementia to move up to the next level of education and skill.
Dementia Services Information and Development Centre
- DSiDC is a National Centre for excellence in dementia and is committed to best practice in all aspects of dementia care, and are a well established dementia-specific training and education service in Ireland.
- DSiDC promotes an awareness of dementia by providing education and training to health care practitioners which enable participants to increase knowledge and skills and develop attitudes which enhance their ability to provide the best possible care.
- DSiDC, with the HSE National Dementia Office will be developing online learning resources for a range of AHPs in 2020.
- Understand Together is a public support, awareness and information campaign led by HSE, working with The Alzheimer Society of Ireland and Genio campaign. The website has a range of information on training, supports and services and other dementia-related information.