Dementia Friendly Gardening Workshop:
In this workshop, we will explore how to plan a dementia-friendly garden and some tips on how to improve the garden that you already have. You will also have access to specific advice for your garden from Joyce.
The outdoors provides a wide range of opportunities for engagement, occupation, and activity for a person with dementia.
The benefits of dementia-friendly garden activities:
- Provides gentle sensory, social and cognitive stimulation
- Increases wellbeing, reduces stress, and improves orientation to time and place
- Provides opportunities to enjoy the therapeutic effects of nature
- Reminds a person of familiar roles and memories
- Helps maintain flexibility and muscle tone
In 2022 we will be launching the Dementia Inclusive Community Garden Project within local communities in Ireland. Would you like to partner with us?
We want to turn existing or new gardens into green spaces that people living with dementia will be able to enjoy and/or garden themselves.
We are looking for businesses and organisations willing to fund this initiative in their local community and to help create safe engagement opportunities for people living with dementia.
If your business wants to contribute to build a dementia - inclusive community contact us at email@example.com.