Who is the programme suitable for?
Activities Coordinators working in nursing home settings
- Understand the Activity Coordinator role and responsibilities, HIQA National Standards for Older Persons, Legislation, HSE and organization policy.
- Collaborate with residents to design evidence-based individual and group activity programmes
- Planning themes for engagement and choice
- Create an effective programme from a shoestring budget
- Transforming everyday materials into resources for engagement
- Identify and secure new resources from a wide variety of sources, within a tight budget
- Develop individualised resources to support an improved quality of everyday life for those who live in residential care
- Understand pacing in the delivery of activities
Mode of delivery
Where it is available