- The Good Practice & Innovation Hub is a resource developed to showcase nationwide information on projects and initiatives being delivered across a range of care settings. The hub is a chance to learn more about what’s happening across the country and to link in with colleagues.
- The Information Portal provides easy access to a range of information materials which HSCPs can distribute to their clients who are living with dementia and to their families/carers, as appropriate.
- Understand Together is a dementia public support, awareness and information campaign led by the HSE, working with The Alzheimer Society of Ireland and Genio.
- The Alzheimer's Society Ireland is a leading charity and provider of dementia services in Ireland. Their national helpline on: 1 800 341 341
- FreeDem is a website resource produced by Trinity College Dublin and has short films on dementia and brain health.
- Dementia Services Information and Development Centre (DSiDC) provides information, education and training for healthcare professionals and those interested in dementia care, and is based in St James' Hospital, Dublin.
- Engaging Dementia (formally SONAS) coordinates a wide range of therapeutic activities and training.
Documents, leaflets, guidelines
A repository of information, documents and leaflets for all stages of a patient's dementia journey.
Dementia Diagnosis & Management in General Practice
Nutrition & Dementia
Information Prescription for Dementia (DSiDC)
Pills, Bills and Wills (DSiDC)
Driving and Dementia Factsheet (ASI)
Memory Loss and Driving (DSiDC)
On-Road Driving Assessment Information (RCPI/RSA)
Caring for the Person with Dementia in their Home (HSE/ASI)
Advance Care Directive Factsheet (IDH)
A Guide to Daily Living for Family Caregivers (LiD/DSiDC)
Enduring Power of Attorney (FLAC)
Changes in Behaviour and Management Tips (Alz Soc UK)
Understanding the Fair Deal Process (HSE)
Finding a Nursing Home for your Relative with Dementia (HSE)
Life for Caregivers after Placing a Relative with Dementia in a Nursing Home (LiD/DSiDC)
Loss and grief when a family member has dementia (ASI)
Grieving following the death of someone with dementia (ASI/IHF)
Loss and Grief in Dementia Factsheet (IHF)